Using social media as part of your advertising efforts requires you to have top-notch visuals now more than ever. This trend does not appear to have an end in sight. So it’s time to get on board. If you want to attract visitors and keep them engaged, you need to create a compelling visual style. Here are a few techniques to follow:
Determine the content that gets results
Everywhere you look on the Internet, you will find memes. Although they are often entertaining, they are not always helpful for your business as they do not help to promote your products and services. Instead, you want to create visuals that will interest and involve your audience.
74% of social media marketers use visual assets in their social media marketing ahead of blogs (68%) and videos (60%). Create content and visuals that will help you convert viewers to customers by making them targeted, relevant, and appropriate for your platform.
Creating ideal visuals for multiple platforms
It is great to spread your message through multiple social media vehicles. However, the same visual does not always work on every platform, as each one has its own requirements and quirks. It is useful to take this into consideration when planning your social media marketing strategy:
- Facebook is an ideal place for visual content as it tends to get shared more than content without visuals. Ideal image formats for Facebook include infographics, contest banners and animated GIFs. Aim for using custom photos that stand out from the crowd.
- Twitter is beginning to evolve into a more visual platform. If you use Twitter, combine a short tweet with an appealing image. You do not need to use up your entire 140-character limit. Instead, keep it short and let the image to all the talking, especially if your goal is to have viewers retweet your message.
- Since Instagram is based so heavily on images, you need to find a way for your message to stand out from the crowd. Develop a style that is unique to your business and then post frequently. This platform is great for posting inspirational thoughts, showing company culture, and highlighting your products. You can also try your hand and use visuals to create Instagram stories.
- Pinterest is also an image-heavy platform. It has recently integrated with some e-commerce sites. So, it is an ideal place for you to highlight your products with images of them. However, you do not need to stop there. You can also add quotes, inspirational images, and phenomenal photos of any kind. The key to success on Pinterest is to target the pins on your board to followers of other boards.
- LinkedIn is primarily a text-based platform, but it still offers ample opportunities to add visuals. Since Linkedin is largely used for business people, always keep your images neat and professional-looking. On this platform, it is best to stick with tight headshots, business-related infographics, and other business-related images.
Following the guidelines above will help you create a visual strategy that is second-to-none across every social media platform. Over time you will easily be able to identify which strategies work best for your business, so always track your results and do what works best for your company. With a recent survey suggesting that 93.6% of New Zealand business owners use social media for their business, it pays to know what you’re doing! For more advice on maximising your social media marketing strategy, speak to one of the experts at Grow Digital Marketing.Get In Touch